Montana 4-H Congress provides youth from across the state an opportunity to come together on the Montana State University campus in Bozeman for four days and participate in an event like no other. Congress offers both youth and adults a venue in which to learn, be challenged, and most of all, have a great time with their peers. Montana 4-Hers have been attending an event like Congress for over 77 years. Congress has become an important tradition and is the signature event for the Montana 4-H Program.
Its purpose is to provide a safe and fun environment for youth to experience all that 4-H Congress has to offer including: contests, workshops, entertainment, social events, and much more.
Check In: Wednesday July 12 Check Out: Saturday July 15, 2017
The registration is $220, includes housing, meals and program fees
State Registration deadline June 15, 2017
Youth must be at least 13 years old as of October 1 of the current 4-H year and chaperons
must certified 4-H Volunteers or MSU Extension staff and at least 21 years of age.
All registrations must be completed through your County or Reservation Extension office. Participants and chaperons attend 4-H Congress as a county delegation and need to register as such.
The State Deadline for Registration is June 15. Counties may have their own registration deadline. Please contact your county office for registration information.
County Registration Checklist
- Each youth & adult (including agents/staff) participant is registered in 4Honline. DO NOT SEND WORKSHEETS.
- Each youth and adult participant has submitted a complete and signed MEDICAL form. The original be sent to 4-H Center and a copy is kept for travel with chaperones. FORMS CAN BE SCANNED AND EMAILED, as long as chaperone attending has the original form.
- Authorization of CODE OF CONDUCT and MEDIA RELEASE has been completed and is up to date in 4Honline. DO NOT SEND PAPER FORMS.
- A PAPER County Registration Form is sent (mail or email) to 4-H Center. THIS INCLUDES CHAPERONE & ROOMING LIST INFORMATION.
- Payment and a PRINTED 4Honline Invoice has been sent to 4-H Center with correct amount made to “Montana 4-H Congress.”
July 10-12, 2017 MSU Bozeman
Pre-Congress occurs the two days before Congress. 4-H Ambassadors, teen leaders and staff come together with 4-H center staff for work and fun. Attendees work on committees to insure the completion of all the details necessary to make the general Congress event successful. Also occurring during this weekend, is the selection process for the State 4-H Ambassador Officers.
Individuals interested in attending Pre-Congress weekend MUST actively participate in a Congress committee of their choice prior to and during Pre-Congress weekend. First priority will go to senior members that have attended Montana 4-H Congress. However, Ambassadors, Extension staff and motivated teen leaders and youth are encouraged to attend.
There is a $60 housing fee for all participants (two nights lodging). All other expenses are paid for by the Montana 4-H Congress and Ambassador program.To sign up for a committee and register for Pre-Congress, please complete the Pre-Congress & Committee Sign-Up form and return it to the 4-H Center by June 16 with the $60.00 housing fee. Registration forms must be signed by MSU County Extension office.
For more information regarding this program please contact Brett Schomer, email@example.com
Future Montana 4-H Congress Dates
July 10-13, 2018 on MSU Campus, Bozeman
July 9-12, 2019 on MSU Campus, Bozeman
July 8-11, 2020on MSU Campus, Bozeman