Montana 4-H Shooting Sports Code of Ethics
A complete 4 - H Shootings Sports program must convey l i fe skills development and be presented in such a way that i s safe, technically competent and helps to instill 4 - H values in participants through teaching and example. Certified Shooting Sports Instructors and Volunteers must be cognizant of their role as a moral and ethical mentor, as well as teacher to youth and adults in their state and community.
Certified Shooting Sports Volunteers Agree to:
- Respect the participants, volunteers and property associated with the 4-H shooting sports
- Set a good example as a mentor, and role model for 4-H shooting sports youth and volunteer
- Conduct myself and my program in a professional, ethical manner.
- Strive to be knowledgeable of the life skills embodied in the 4-H shooting sports program and aid positively in the development of youth through adherence to those
- Strive to be technically competent in the subject matter I teach and adhere to 4-H shooting sports guidelines and principles.
- Respect the dignity of each participant regardless of gender, origin, ability, achievement or