Year End Financials
Each club (and all other chartered 4-H group) must complete the following at the end of each 4-H year. The 4-H year runs October 1 - September 30.
Complete Year-end Financial Summary (YEFS) Report
- Download YEFS
- Fill out completely and accurately.
- Verify the club/group's EIN number.
- Verify that the required signatures are included (instructions given on form).
- Submit COMPETE and ACCURATE YEFS form to the MSU EXtension county office.
If your club does not have any financial accounts, you must still complete a YEFS report showing that you have a zero balance. All forms must still be signed. This certifies that your club does not have any accounts.
If your club has multiple financial accounts (ie: checking, savings, CD’s) under one EIN, you can either:
- add all balances together and fill out one report,
- fill out separate YEFS reports for each
File with the IRS
(unless your county files for you) MUST BE COMPLETED BY February 15, 2020.
- Save the receipt from the 990, 990-EZ, or 990E-Postcard. The receipt must state the results of the filing.
- Submit a copy of the receipt to the county
Pay 1% fee to the county
(for Option 2 clubs only) If you are not sure if you need to do this, please contact your county Extension office.
- The fee is calculated automatically on the YEFS report and is 1% of your year end balance of all club funds.
- Each club should make their check payable to the COUNTY office.
Submit appropriate items to the county office
- IRS filing receipt
- 1% payment, made payable to the county office (for Option 2 clubs only).
Please remember that clubs are to submit their items to their county, not to the Montana 4-H Center. Please plan accordingly.
If you have any questions, please contact Anne Wassan at 994-3501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.